There are many types of visas are available for Sri Lanka, such as Tourist, Transit, Business, Student etc.obokash.com provides consultancy support for Tourist, Transit & Business visas only.
Visa Procedure (Tourist, Transit & Business):
Travelers making short visit to Sri Lanka (even less than 30 days) required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Travelers who wish to travel to Sri Lanka for less than 30 days can obtain Tourist visa with double entries through www.eta.gov.lk. The ETA initially limited to 30 days stay in Sri Lanka from the date of arrival, although it may be extended for up to three months from the Department of Immigration & Emigration, in Sri Lanka by paying the relevant extension fee.
Visa Fee for South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC) Passport $20 & for all other passports $35; visa category Tourist Visa with double entries for 30 days validity.
The approval will receive within 2 working days.
Please note that if you did not receive the approval within 2 working days, you may login to www.eta.gov.lk and on the home page you can check your visa status. Please go to the ETA home page followed by the “check status” then enter your acknowledgement or passport number. If the status mention, your visa has been approved please take a print out of that and take with you when you are going to Sri Lanka.
Transit visa up to 48 hours currently issued free of charge only at www.eta.gov.lk (travelers must have ETA reference number). If there is any inquiry regarding ETA pleases contact:
Hotline: 0094 71 9967888
Fax: 0094 11 2674631
Applying At The High Commission:
The applicant does not need to be physically present during visa application submission, but under certain circumstances interviews will be conducted by the high commission and the interviewees might be asked to provide extra documents if necessary.
High Commission of Sri Lanka-Dhaka
House No. 10, Road No. 62, Gulshan 2, Dhaka 1212.
Tel: 02-9896353 (visa related)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (official), email@example.com (visa related)
Note: No visa enquiry by telephone is entertained. If you are looking for additional information, please contact the Visa Desk in person at the visa hour.
Office Hour: Sunday to Thursday 09.00 to 16.30
Application Submission: Sunday to Thursday 09.00 to 01.00
Passport Collect: Sunday to Thursday 03.30 to 04.30
Application form Collection: Sunday to Thursday 09.30 to 12.00
- Current passport (minimum validity for 06 months until the planned date of return and minimum two blank pages for visa stamp).
- One recent color passport size photograph with white background but no cap and no sun glasses.
- Please note: Applicant’s ear must be visible in his/her photo.
- Birth certificate / NID copy of applicants.
- Bank statement & solvency certificate (original with bank seal and signature) of Last 06 months for both company & personal.
- Confirm Return Air ticket indicating travel itinerary
- Business Invitation Letter – For Business Visit
- For Conference, Seminars, Meeting & Workshops-
- An invitation letter from the inviting organization in Sri Lanka/ abroad and if any local agent recommending the issuance of visa to the applicant
For Multiple Business Visa –
- Business organization or the NGO in Sri Lanka should submit the application for work / resident visa on behalf of the applicant directly to the Controller General, Immigration and Emigration (CG, I & E). The CG, I & E will then authorize this High Commission to issue entry visa to the applicant.
Department of Immigration and Emigration
41, Ananda Rajakaruna Mawatha, Colombo 10, Sri Lanka
Phone: +94 11 5329301
+94-11-5329000 Hunting Line
Web Site: www.immigration.gov.lk
Other relevant information:
- Under certain circumstances, the applicants might be asked to provide extra documents if necessary.
- Under no circumstance could you change the status of visa after arrival in Sri Lanka. For example, a person who visits Sri Lanka on holiday cannot engage in any business/ profession, social work, charity or any other form of voluntary work or employment paid or unpaid without obtaining prior visas for such purposes.
- If a visitor wishes to extend his stay in Sri Lanka, he/she should apply to the Department of Immigration & Emigration, 41, Ananda Rajakaruna Mawatha, Colombo 10 and Sri Lanka before the expiry of visa.
Processing Time (Approx.):
- File Processing: 2/3 working days
- High Commission Processing: 3 working days ( Normally)
Visa fee Details (Tourist & Business):
- Processing fee: Tourist & Business TK. 1,000 BDT
- Visa Fee:
For 0-30 day Single Entry (tourist visa)
SAARC Passport: TK. 1,640 BDT
Rest all other Passport:TK. 2,870 BDT
For 0-30 Days Multiple Entry (business or others)
SAARC Passport: TK. 2,460 BDT
Rest all other Passport: TK. 3,280 BDT
- obokash.com only provides consultancy service, doesn’t provide any guaranty for visa.
- File processing for visa will start only after receiving all necessary documents.
- Processing time, requirements and fees are subject to change by the Embassy without any prior notice.
- The embassy reserves all the rights to ask for any additional document other than above mentioned checklist.
- All Bangla documents must be translated by English and notarized.
Call : +88 01996-319999, +88 01933-303037, +88 02-9853475
Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon) is an island nation south of India in the Indian Ocean. Its diverse landscapes range from rainforest and arid plains to highlands and sandy beaches. It’s famed for its ancient Buddhist ruins, including the 5th-century citadel Sigiriya, with its palace and frescoes. The city of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka's ancient capital, has many ruins dating back more than 2,000 years.
|Capital||:||Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte|
|Official Language||:||Sinhala, Tamil, English|
|Currency||:||Sri Lankan rupee|
|Local Time||:||GMT +6|
|Exchange Rate||:||0.53 Bangladeshi Taka|
|Weekend Days||:||Saturday & Sunday|
|Population||:||20.97 million (2015)|
|Religion||:||Theravada Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims|
|Climate||:||Unquestionably, the starting point when planning your trip in Sri Lanka is understanding the two monsoon seasons. The south-western monsoon brings rain to the south-west of Sri Lanka between May and September, while the dry season in this region runs from December to March.|
|Prime Minister / President / King||:||Ranil Wickremesinghe|
|Destinations||:||Kandy, Colombo, Yala National Park, Nuwara Eliya, Galle, Negombo, Bentota, Jaffna, Ella|
|Points of Interest||:||Sigiriya, Temple of the Tooth, Dambulla cave temple, Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Yala National Park, Udawalawe National Park, Adam's Peak, Minneriya National Park, Galle Fort, Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara, Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Horton Plains National Park, Wilpattu National Park, Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple, Ruwanwelisaya, Galle Face Green, Koneswaram temple, Knuckles Mountain Range, National Museum of Colombo, Hakgala Botanical Garden, Kandy Lake, Wasgamuwa National Park, Viharamahadevi Park, Beira Lake, Royal Palace of Kandy, St. Clairs Falls, Devon Falls, Pidurutalagala, Bambarakanda Falls, Diyaluma Falls, Polonnaruwa Vatadage, Kuttam Pokuna, Thuparamaya, Isurumuniya, Pigeon Island National Park, Dunhinda Falls, Mihintale, Kataragama temple, Baker's Falls|
* Ques: How many countries should I visit before applying for this country ?
Ans: Although there is no restrictions regarding country visits but we recommend you to at least visit 2-3 countries before applying.
* Ques: How much balance should I have in my bank account?
Ans: There is no minimum or maximum limit for bank balance. However, there should be a consistency of you transactions. Your bank account must reflect that you have the ability to bear your travel cost and you have enough financial ties to return back to your country.
* Ques: My education qualification is low, can I apply for visa?
Ans: In case of tourist visas, there is not education qualification requirement. Anyone with any educational qualification may apply.
* Ques: My visa application has recently been refused. When will I be able to apply again?
Ans: There is no restriction or time limit on reapplication if anyone’s visa has been refused. However, we would recommend you to apply again at least after a certain period of time.
* Ques: Can you arrange invitation for me? Will it be beneficial for me if I get an invitation?
Ans: Not mandatory and we cannot arrange invitation for you. Invitation is only beneficial for an applicant, if it has been sent from his or her family members or close friend. In any other cases, having a hotel booking is enough to prove your accommodation arrangement during your stay in that respective country.
* Ques: If I apply along with my family, will the chances of my visa acceptance increase?
Ans: Although visa acceptance or refusal totally depends on applicant’s profile, applying with family may increase your chances in certain countries. For example: in case of Schengen or UK visa, applying along with family increases your visa acceptance chances. On the other hand, applying with family for Australia or Canada may decrease your chance of getting the visa.
* Ques: Do you provide any guaranty for visa?
Ans: No. We do not provide any guaranty for visa. Acceptance or refusal of any visa application will depend on applicant’s profile. However, we will prepare your file in a professional manner so that the embassy can get a clear reflection of your profile.